Thanksgiving is right around the corner!
Like us, I’m sure some of you are searching for the perfect plant-based recipe to share with your non-vegan family and friends at the dinner table, and we’ve spent hours scouring the internet for a delicious vegan recipe that will blow everyone’s socks off.
However, look no further! One of us has created a plant-based corn dish that has been tried and proven by our certified vegan friends. It’s called corn casserole, and it’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your Thanksgiving celebration!
The dish is almost like a cornbread, but it’s a trillion times better. Plus, it’s very simple to make!
- 1 can of whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can of cream-style corn
- 1 cup of vegan sour cream (Tofutti is great!)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of vegan butter (Earth Balance is recommended), melted
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2/3 cup white sugar (pick any vegan brand)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir together all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a casserole dish, preferably a 9 by 13 inch.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown.